REED'S GINGER BEER REDESIGN
1. Redesign the bottle label for a healthy drink. Research competitors, use a color scheme, sketch thumbnails, use a dieline, relevant imagery, illustration, and content. Use original copy. Mockup the design on the brand's bottle.
2. Transfer the same label to an aluminum can using Adobe Dimensions. Choose the same design or alter it for a can size.
1. I completely overhauled the design, although I kept the Jamaican colors. I rotated the brand name to align with the length of the bottle and justified the text to emphasize that vertical alignment. The background integrates a horizontal direction into the design. I drew the ginger illustration background in Adobe Illustrator and created a die cut.
2. I cut out the brand name in Illustrator so the green background color of the can would show through integrating the design with the can itself.
SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET REDESIGN
Redesign a grocery store house brand logo. Design the packaging of two items that work together. Research grocery store house brands, use a color scheme, sketch thumbnails, use relevant dielines, imagery, illustration, and content. Use original copy. Make the design cohesive with both items. Use Adobe Dimensions to showcase them.
I chose to redesign the Sprouts Farmers Market logo and design packaging for an ice cream pint and a chocolate bar. I used Variex typeface because the letters looked like actual sprouts. I used circles in my design and added gradients and drop shadows to make it look like they were actual spheres popping off the package. Using 3D models and Adobe Dimensions was helpful to design all sides of the products.
2050 AD BITES
1. Design the packaging and concept for a new teen vitamin, research competitors, pick a relevant theme, color scheme, sketch thumbnails, include a dieline, relevant images, illustration, and content. Include original copy.
2. Design an advertisement for your new teen vitamin. Do research, sketch thumbnails, use illustrations or photos, and showcase an image of your package.
1. I created a gummy teen vitamin called 2050 AC Bites. It came out of this Corona world we currently live in. It was meant to give hope to teens to look toward a future when life would feel more "normal." Using a polygonal pyramid makes it a fun and engaging experience for teens. It has images of the gummy vitamins on the packaging. It uses an image of the planet Jupiter for the background. I wrote all of the text myself. I used a typeface called, "Tomorrow" for the title, which matches the future theme.
2. The advertisement uses a laptop illustration that I drew with HTML coding that contains relevant slogans for my ad. The hand comes out of the laptop and draws the viewer in while presenting the vitamins. I used my packaging mockup in my advertisement.
CHRONOLOGY BEARD BRUSH
Design a men's grooming product. Create the logo, brand, slogan, and concept. Research competitors, use a color scheme, sketch thumbnails, use relevant dielines, imagery, illustration, and content. Use original copy.
I created a brand called Chronology, which uses a historical theme in keeping with the literal meaning of the name. This product is meant to be an heirloom for the client to keep as a collector's item. Each product is a customizable beard brush and box for men. It uses specific imagery, content, and designs based on each client's preferences. This example uses the client's ancestor as the image on the cover and the rest of the box is covered in the background of the same image. I used a sepia tone on the brush image in the front to match with the brown aesthetic of the entire box. The bar code on the bottom is also brown to match the color scheme.
BEE A STAR
1. Redesign a product of your choice. Illustrate the label. You must rename the product. Use at least three shapes and the pathfinder tool to connect them. Use gradients. Draw the nutrition facts, barcode, and icons. Add effects to the type.
2. Create an advertisement for your product using images and placing the product on the bottom with relevant information.
1. I chose to redesign a honey label and I used hexagons which are the shape of honeycomb. I added a gradient to the background. I used the blob brush tool to draw the bee and a drop shadow to make it come forward off the page.
2. I chose to have bees sitting in a hot tub passing around the honey product.